Sunday, September 14, 2014

Author Interview with Zoe Perdita

Today, I have Zoe Perdita on the blog talking about some of her favorite things. (Cue The Sound of Music...) Zoe Perdita writes shifter romances with an action/adventure twist. Her books are crawling with assassins, crime bosses and all manner of sexy bad boys. Her new book Omega in the Shadows (Lost Wolves Book One) is out now.



What’s your favorite movie?

I feel like I should say something deep and meaningful, like The Fountain. That is a wonderful film, and I love it, but it’s not my favorite. In reality, it’s a tie between Hot Fuzz and The Princess Bride. They are both funny, endlessly quotable and have big hearts. And can you say bromance? Hell yeah! Also, I guess Buttercup and Wesley have a thing for each other too.

What’s your favorite TV show?

Currently, Free! Eternal Summer! Because, uh, swimming and Nagisa (how adorbs is he? Really!). I love anime and watch way too much of it. Short list (besides Free!): Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, FLCL, Natsume Yuujinchou, Gravitation and Attack on Titan. All coming of age stories, in their own way. Non-anime wise, I’d say Reign. It has a great cast and really strong storylines. Oh, and it doesn’t suffer from characters making dumb decisions because tension. Also, Catherine is amazing. She’s so much fun to watch.

What’s your favorite book?

This is a tough one. I love so many, but the top spot goes to the one I’ve read the most: The Secret Country Trilogy by Pamela Dean. These have been my favorite three books for years and years. I never get enough of them. Really. The books are fantasy YA about a group of kids that get stuck in their own story and have to deal with the consequences of that story going just as they planned (which isn’t always a good thing). The characters are believable and wonderful. It has my biggest fiction crush – Fence the wizard (complete with a bad haircut). Love!

Who’s your favorite character out of your own books?

This answer would change with every new book, I’m sure. At the moment, it’s Simeon Kane from Omega in the Light (Lost Wolves Book Two). He was so different from anyone else I’d ever written that I sort of fell in love. Yeah, he’s kinda crazy (and a little bit scary), but he’s also funny and sad and sees the world in a unique way. He’s hyper aware of everyone else, but has no idea what he’s feeling. Oh, and he has a very good sense of humor that isn’t all snark. How many mildly suicidal assassin wolf shifters do you know? Not many, I’d wager.

1 comment:

  1. It's fantastic which you have written so fun post.I'm pleased that we have found your web page. I am looking forward to browse different, interesting post.

    ReplyDelete